Monday, August 5, 2013

Adventures of Bedrest

No pictures yet again... someday I will get the hang of this.

As can be assumed from the title I was on bed rest last week and the week before. Although I am up now and allowed to be moving around I have been an emotional wreck and not in a good way.
My poor husband...
Before I got pregnant I knew that it wasn't sunshine and daisies, that your body changes drastically and your hormones  are literally a roller coaster of highs and lows. I knew this...really I did...but it doesn't make going through it any easier.
I have been frustrated with my body.
Like super frustrated
I believed that I would run through my pregnancy and workout so that I would be healthy and my baby, my dear sweet baby, would be healthy
But instead I have exercised a total of 15 times for the past 5 months was deathly ill for the first 2 and a half months and now after 2 weeks of feeling great I was put on bed rest.
I was mad at my body that it couldn't withstand the stress of pregnancy, that it wasn't strong enough.

Then in the midst of my anger and frustration the other day it came to me that I should be grateful for my body. This wonderful gift from my Father in Heaven and I have been cursing it. I realized that I would be ok. That if I was on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy it would be ok, that my baby boy comes first.
So I repented and have tried to have a better attitude.
My belly is bigger and I love it. I love feeling the twitches of my little one
Although some mornings I wake up so frustrated because I hardly slept I am grateful that I am constantly up and down because hopefully this is preparing me for the many sleepless nights that lie ahead.
So at this point I am not on bed rest but I am ok with whatever happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment