Monday, June 10, 2013

adventures of traveling in the first trimester

Most of you  know that when I do, I do it big. I'm talking big. There is no such thing as waiting for a convenient time. No way, I'm talking full ice cream sundae with the cherry enough whipped cream to choke a small rodent and hot fudge that melts your ice cream way faster than anticipated big. Well according to tradition big was done again.
For the recap.
 Troy quits job, we move out of our apartment in with the in-laws (Troy's parents) and Troy goes to TX to start new job. (That was October/November). In May (last month) we were finally reunited. cue hallelujah chorus. Not only did we pack up the bedroom we were "renting" in his parents house but I graduated from college, his buddy from college came to visit, and we had a big ole beach bash. (ps this all happened in the time span of 4 days). Not to mention during this time I had the exhaustion (everyday mind you) that resembled someone who just ran a 100 miles and the dry heaves of well a pregnant woman. Like I said when we do big we do big.
This was all fine and good but looming ahead of us was a 3 day cross country drive to TX (with national park stops along the way) and a 5 day reunion in OH with a flight the day after arriving in TX.
For those that are thinking wow she's an idiot. Thank you I came to that same conclusion two days in. Don't get me wrong I love road trips and national parks and I love my family and I am super grateful I got to see them but stupid was the name of that game. I got more sick than you care to hear about and just for the record hilly OH roads and morning sickness go together about as well as Josh Groban and Girl Talk (the DJ) (the key here they don't mix).
Nevertheless we did it with numerous bathroom retching sessions and side of the road pull overs and made it to TX and back in the span of a week. Where I proceeded to get the cold from the devil himself and my morning sickness got progressively worse.
Moral to this story: please if you know someone who does big, tie them up and leave them in a room until they come to their senses.
Another side note morning sickness is not reserved for the glorious morning. yes a shocker to some of you I assure you it lasts ALL. DAY. LONG. the person who named this wonderful miracle was never sick or just has never met a pregnant woman who had this issue, or because that's the mood i'm in was probably a man who has never been close to a pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment